How To Apply USA Job

After higher studies, many people dream of living permanently in America, one of the ways is a job. I didn’t find much about it in the group so I tried to write something myself. This effort is only successful if it benefits someone. Here is a description of how to apply for Employment Authorization.

First of all, there are two ways to get a job in the USA.
1. Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
– Applicable only before Graduation, maximum 12 months (for full-time work)
2. Optional Practical Training (OPT)
– Term first 12 months, 24 more months for STEM Students only
– Applicable for any period before and after graduation, that is, if you want to stay permanently through the job, this process is usually to go.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) Application Profile:
Required documents:
1. Form i-765 (new i-20 from DSO)
2. Photocopy of I-94 (front and back)
3. Photocopy of Employment Authorization Document (EAD) (if any)
4. 2 copies of passport size photo (2 x 2 inches)
– Pictures must be colorful
– The background of the image will be White / Off-white
– Head height should be 1 ”to 1.375” from top to bottom of the chin, and eye height between 1.125 ’’ to 1.375 ”from the bottom of the photo.
– Write your name and i-94 number with a pencil on the back of the picture
5. Photocopy of Passport (CV and Visa)
. Photocopies of all previous i-20s
. 10 410 USD check/money order U.S. Along with the Department of Homeland Security

How To Apply for USA Job

Form i-765:
When applying for Post-completion OPT for the first time, you must write (c) (3) (B) in Item # 20 of the form. In case of Pre-completion OPT, write (c) (3) (A).
• All other instructions can be found at the link above.

The address for sending everything can be found here:

Remember, the address to be sent will depend on the student’s current address.

O OPT can be started on any date within 60 days after graduation date. But it is illegal to be an employee somewhere between graduation date and OPT start date.
According to USCIS website, you have to get EAD card within 90 days after applying for OPT. But usually it comes before him. However, it should be applied for at least two-and-a-half months.

• USCIS usually sends a Receipt Notice within 2-4 weeks of receiving the Application. This is very important because it contains the Confirmation Number can be used to check the Application Status.
আগে Before accepting a job offer, it is better to check whether they are E-verified because only E-Verified companies can apply for H-1B visa starting from OPT extension. However, the company does not need to be E-Verified for the initial 12 months of OPT. Link to check e-verification:

– Credit: Navid Imran

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *